1. Legal Basis
The law-decree n. º 293/2009, from October 13th ensures the implementation of the obligations under REACH.
The national competent authorities are:
- Agência Portuguesa do Ambiente – Portugal Environment Agency
- Direção-Geral das Atividades Económicas – Directorate General for Economic Activities
- Direção-Geral da Saúde – Directorate General for Health
The National Helpdesk is coordinated by the Directorate General for Economic Activities.
Helpdesk website http://www.reachhelpdesk.pt/
2. Description of National Procedure
The national procedure to grant defence exemptions from the REACH Regulation is under development.
2.5. Decision-making process
2.6. Validity period
3. Description of National Safety and Traceability Measures
4. National Bodies Involved
5. Where to File an Application
6. Conditions/Procedures for Acknowledgment/Recognition of Foreign Defence Exemptions
7. Number of Exemptions Granted
8. Contact Info
Ministry of Defence – Directorate General for Defence Resources
Avenida Ilha da Madeira, 1
Tel. +351 213 027 259
FAX. +351 213 038 571
9. Link to national web site(s) (if any)
Last Update: 14 November, 2023